Skip to main content

10 Things I Learned from Attending School Full-Time at Home

10 Things about Life I have learned from Escape Rooms! sioux falls ...
1. I never wake up before 10am
2. I play hours of video games a day, not being held accountable by the environment of hard-working peers
3. I feel more relaxed and healthy
4. I do not attend a single lecture live and constantly overestimate the number of videos I can binge in a day
5. I underestimate the number of random YouTube videos and TikToks I can binge in a day
6. Not only is it difficult to follow through on school/project-related stuff I set out to do, it's even hard to follow through on "fun" things like books or TV shows - instant gratification (like short videos) seems to dominate my attention (or lake thereof)
7. Exams don't feel like exams, but I don't perform as well as a result
8. I don't miss going outside as much as I thought I would - perhaps I find home too comforting?
9. I don't take risks
10. I need to go back to Berkeley to get the spark back - plus I miss in-person interaction with friends

(BONUS) In the meantime, I need to message people to hold me accountable
(BONUS2) I fall back to talking to my NE friends a lot more... and the other Berkeley peeps seem to do the same with their high school/lifelong friends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Post

I still remember the first time I read a blog.  Towards the end of freshman year in high school the college admissions bug had really bit me and I would obsessively read  MIT Blogs  every day. I was always excited to hear about the amazing experiences these amazing people across the country were having. Eventually I discovered a man on YouTube that would go on to waste way too many hours of my life. Every single day I would watch  Casey Neistat 's vlog and get to see a glimpse of his awesome life.  Today I've decided to take a step in the right direction and create my own blog alongside my good friend Owen. I'm hoping to use this blog as a platform to discuss ideas I've been formulating, commit to the goals I should've years ago, jot down notes I think are important, and most importantly, leave behind a piece of myself on the internet.  Most of my content will fall under a couple of categories: School - an all-encompassing part of life Economics/Bus

Balancing Time

Where does my time go? This is the curse of the modern world - technology enables us to do everything faster than before, but the number of tasks at hand also increases exponentially. With more and more activities around us, are we really living "easier" lives? Or simply more exhausting ones? As the school semester flies by, even though most of the grunt work of the year and spamming club applications are over I still feel fairly behind in my classes and not reaching what I set out to do every day. In this post I will try to dissect my weekly schedule, to see where I'm spending my time on average and what changes I can make in my life to be happier with my use of time. Monday The first school day of the week. I don't have class until 3:00pm, so I'm fairly lazy about my day on this day in particular, a mindset I aim to change. 12:00-3:00am : Lately I've been staying up pretty late almost every day, doing miscellaneous stuff like writing blog posts

Reflections on my First Semester Sophomore Year at UC Berkeley

I now realize Freshman year was not my first semesters of college; my Sophomore year was. These past 6 months changed me more than any other time period in my life. It's when I truly became independent, took a workload past my comfort zone, and embraced all that I've failed and succeeded at in UC Berkeley.  Work and Internships:   In Freshman year, I took for granted how difficult and competitive it was to find a summer internship, and as a result, I did not land any offers and settled for taking summer classes instead. However, my summer at Berkeley set me up for the fall semester better than I could have ever imagined, bringing in plenty of new friends, opportunities, and experiences in my life (which will be visited in much more detail later). For example, I won the "Outstanding Academic Intern Award" in Summer 2019, which led to being hired as a course staff tutor during the fall. As a result, I am closer to my goal of becoming a TA someday and was much mo