Skip to main content

The First Post

I still remember the first time I read a blog. 

Towards the end of freshman year in high school the college admissions bug had really bit me and I would obsessively read MIT Blogs every day. I was always excited to hear about the amazing experiences these amazing people across the country were having. Eventually I discovered a man on YouTube that would go on to waste way too many hours of my life. Every single day I would watch Casey Neistat's vlog and get to see a glimpse of his awesome life. 

Image result for casey neistat vlog
Today I've decided to take a step in the right direction and create my own blog alongside my good friend Owen. I'm hoping to use this blog as a platform to discuss ideas I've been formulating, commit to the goals I should've years ago, jot down notes I think are important, and most importantly, leave behind a piece of myself on the internet. 

Most of my content will fall under a couple of categories:
  • School - an all-encompassing part of life
  • Economics/Business topics - just my own thoughts on new events
  • Lifestyle - hoping my life might be interesting to read about
  • Books - i should definitely be reading more
  • Miscellaneous - anything I find interesting enough to write about :) 
I wouldn't be surprised if these categories drastically change over the weeks, months, and hopefully even years, but I'm hoping that as my life evolves, this blog will as well. 

My main intentions for this blog are to be a space where I can write about anything that I feel is important and a way for me to become a more effective communicator through writing. I've always enjoyed writing, whether it was the short stories I wrote as a kid or the essays I wrote in English, but as life goes on I feel as if I've been pursuing it less and less. Now with a blog, I have no excuse but to write, and I definitely do plan on doing so.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The First .5 Post

They say a picture is worth 1000 words... here's to upping my word count | Source:  Unsplash I don't remember the first time I read a blog. And unlike Dhaval, I never really enjoyed writing. From the age of five years old until eighth grade, my father encouraged me to write a journal entry every Sunday, one paragraph in Mandarin, then translated into English - by far my least favorite "homework" I've ever had to do. An authentic 4th grade Owen journal entry So what am I doing creating a blog? It will serve as a breeding ground for thoughts I've never spoken aloud, ideas that usually quickly fade from recollection, as well as memories to be re-traced in the future. It will also force me to write more and communicate more eloquently, while hopefully still coming off as casual conversation. (I am quite embarrassed to say this is the most words I've written on anything in 2019). I have no particular topics in mind, but expect content to range an

Inside Bill Gate's Documentary

For the first time in my life I watched a documentary for fun. The Netflix docuseries called Inside Bill's Brain: Decoding Bill Gates was incredibly insightful in helping understand the non-profit work that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has done and the reasons behind the work. The documentary was split into three different episodes that focused on three specific efforts that the foundation has worked on:  1) Diarrhea in third-world countries kills millions and millions of children every single year. Bill isolated the reason for this problem to be the lack of a sanitation system that many villages and cities had. His solution for it was toilets that worked without water or power combined with a sanitation system that would burn human waste and convert it into power and its byproduct of steam into drinkable water.  2) After the eradication of smallpox, most people considered polio to be the next disease that needed to be eradicated. The eradication of polio